Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Life with Isaac (or why I haven't posted in more than two weeks!)

For any of you mothers of two year old boys out there, you know what I mean by the title of this post. My son is a great big ball of energy. He never stops. Ever. In fact I hear him running from room to room upstairs right now, and he's only been up 10 minutes. In fact, I need to see what he's doing. Be right back. . . Okay now everyone is safely downstairs eating poptarts and watching Handy Manny. I might have 15 minutes to finish writing this. Maybe.



Now don't get me wrong. I love my son. He is hilarious. He is just also exhausting. I have compiled some pics to show you what typically happens during the course of a few days at our house.

Isaac locked himself in Kalista's room and was too quiet. When I found him, this is what he looked like!
Isaac loves getting out daddy's cold running gear and putting them on. "My govs, my hat!" is all we hear. . .
Before giving him anything to draw with, I always ask him "Where do we draw?" "On paper," is always his answer. I guess he thought his face was made out of paper. . . Thank goodness for washable markers!
Even at bedtime, it can take him an hour or more to settle down and go to sleep. Last night, for example he was singing "Happy Birthday" at the top of his lungs. When I went in to tell him to go to sleep I asked whose birthday it was. "My giraffe!" He replied. Next we got a very loud rendition of "Jingle Bells". This pic was during his take his diaper off phase, which reappears every couple weeks or so. . .
Enough about funny little boys! The rest of us are doing great. Erin and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on Sunday. We both agreed that we don't feel like we've been married that long, but we feel like we've been parents forever!
Kalista had a great week at school. We had our Thanksgiving Feasts both days and she got to make Native American headbands, and necklaces. And then of course enjoy her feast of Go-Gurt and Applesauce! Isaac loved all the real feast food and pigged out on everything!
I will end with a very sweet Kalista story that reminds me how thankful I am. Last week Kalista was saying her prayers and I was helping her out. Towards the end, I said "Thank you for letting us learn about God and Jesus today at church." After we said "amen" Kalista looked at me and said, "You know mom, next time you should just say thank you for letting us learn about YOU and Jesus, cause we were talking to God!" I was taken aback. I had consciously used God so she wouldn't loose context, but apparently she understands perfectly that when we pray we are talking to God! It amazes me that we can learn so much from little ones who are so close to God. How they can understand that Dora and Diego are pretend, but God who they can't see is real just shows how He can reveal Himself to us if only we let Him!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy! looks like a good lunch.

Anonymous said...

Isaac like very funny

Rachel said...

That is amazing!! I totally have never thought of it that way either! Madison has taught me things as well over the years about God and it is amazing! I too say Thank You for God and Jesus for the context. I guess I will rethink that after reading your post. Thanks Kalista for the insight.

Glad you all had fun at T-Day at school!

Ang said...

Very funny pictures. One word...Adderall, just kidding:-)

Anonymous said...

Are you bored and don't know where to go for your next vacation? Then check out Branson vacation and see what it has to offer!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm love to b balls deep in his sweet bum c-m in him until it drips out

Anonymous said...

yes my boy sweet little bum , we just need some lube and I will make you feel realllllllllllllllllllllllllly good

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes think how tight that pussy would be

Anonymous said...

babysat my 7 year old nephew yesterday his pussy is nice n tight and looks real good dripping cum

Anonymous said...

Isaac has a sweet lil bum and an inviting crack. I love to drug lil boys and take their pic. I love to pull out my hard dick and slow slide it up their tight bum holes while they lie there unconscious, waking up sore but not knowing they were raped in their sleep.