Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Friend Survey

Several friend emailed this to me, so I decided to follow another blogger's lead and just post my responses. If anyone else wants to participte, jump on in!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A little of both. The kids have to wrapped, since that only kind of stops them from opening them early.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial, always. Too messy otherwise. Plus don't you have to remember to water them. Yeah, like I would really remember to do that!

3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime during Thanksgiving weekend, definitely by the next weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? Right after New Year's

5. Do you like eggnog? nope

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A cabbage patch kid, or maybe my Barbie swimming pool

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I got my first one this year. It's a Little People's one. It's really cute, but the one I really want is the Willow Tree one.

8. Hardest person to buy for? my sister Angie

9. Easiest person to buy for? everyone else

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can remember taking back some clothes my dad picked out for me. Oh wait, I just remember the year my grandma gave me a college care package full of deodorant, shampoo, lotion, etc. None of the right brands of course. She also included a roll of quarters which was very helpful for laundry, so I guess it wasn't all that horrible.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail 1

2. Favorite Christmas Movie? I really like all of them, but some new favorites are Elf, and The Polar Express.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Many times. In fact, I have a box in my basement of things that I can "regift".

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Magic Squares (Hey, mom! Where are they? Weren't you suppose to make those and give them out to us?)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? My upstairs tree is just white lights, by downstairs tree is multi-colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Come, O Come Emmanuel

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually drive to FL at some point, but Erin's mom is coming up here this year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? absolutely

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star on the downstairs tree, big red bow on the upstairs.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Lingua family on Christmas Eve, Roades family on Christmas Day

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Being so busy every night of the week, I lose track of what the whole season is suppose to be about.

23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme? Our downstairs tree is full of all the ornaments we have collected over the years. My mom still gives each of us a new one every year, so it's really full! The upstairs tree has little red bows and snowflakes that Erin's grandma crocheted.

8 comments:

Ang said...

Whatever, I am so not the harderst person to buy for, wait, ok, yes I am!!! I totally suck!! i hate even shopping for myself, wait, I hate shopping for anyone!

On the bad Christmas gift I so got that covered...big red truck anyone?

I didn't know you got a nativity scene. Reading people's blogs I am finding I think we were the only family growing up without one. I mistakenly thought all COC people, back in the day, didn't celebrate Jesus' birth on the actual day of Christmas since we "celebrate" it all year long. I guess it was just us?!?

I thought you were going to call me tonight?

Alissa said...

We did so have a nativity. I ussed to love setting it up each year under the tree. It was one of my favorite things!

Sorry about the call. It was a crazy night. Tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

Yea, yea,.. Dad (&me) have almost eaten the first pan. Do you want yours on Sunday or Monday? Besides, I haven't gotten my share yet, will there be any left?
Getting excited, can't wait,
Love

Anonymous said...

Matt, the kids and I were just talking about the remote controlled truck, as well as the white fake fur coat....:) oh Angie, what a Christmas that was!! Gotta say Cabbage Patch Kids rank up there as a big favorite!!! Can't wait to see everyone, hopefully Megan is done puking by then, we are up to four times since 5 pm.

Anonymous said...

don't ask why it says anonymous....it is saying I have an incorrect password???

Ang said...

Oh My word I totally forgot about the fake fur coat...I must have completely blocked that from my memory till now, thanks for helping me revisit that painful memory!!!!

Ang said...

LOVE the photo album!!!! Add that to one of my all time favorite presents!!!! Finally something good, J/K!!

Deborah said...

It was so good to see you last week! The Florissant Target got a new shipment of Leapsters in on Monday and we went in for the kill! Joshua was ecstatic!

Happy New Year! Maybe we'll see each other again, next time we venture your way.