Friday, January 11, 2008

Potty Training Progress?

I want to start this post by stating that we are really just at the beginning stages with Isaac and the potty. The stage where you talk about going pee pee in the potty, let him sit there for a few seconds if he asks (most times with his diaper on), and then let him flush. Erin has had a bit of success with getting him to actually go maybe a handful of time (typically right before a bath). Last night Isaac and Kalista were getting ready to get in the tub. So as usual, Isaac gets naked and then declares it's his turn to potty (just so he can flush, he LOVES flushing). So he sits down and immediately says he's done. I tell him to sit there and push the pee pees out. Suddenly a nice yellow stream shoots over the toliet lip to the floor. I yell, and push the offending appendage down. He stops peeing, but I tell him again to push and more comes out, this time in the potty. YEAH!

Unfortunately my story doesn't end there. . . Isaac is climbing off the toliet, I am cleaning up his accident, and Kalista (who had gone potty first) decided that she really needed to go poop too. So up she climbs and Isaac climbs into the tub. Now we hadn't turned the water on yet, so I leave to finish my dinner, Erin is collecting towels, jammies, lotion, etc., Kalista is sitting on the potty and, Isaac is standing in the empty tub. Suddenly Kalista is calling for us "Mommy, Isaac just pooped in the bathtub!" WHAT! Erin goes running and sure enough he had. Luckily it was just one spot, not on any toys, and fairly easy to clean up. I am so thankful we hadn't started the water yet! We had great discussion about where we go poop and later as he was playing in the water he told me "Mom, no pooping in the bafftub."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just because he can say, "No pooping in the bathtub," doesn't mean he believes or understands it. We went through months of Gracie telling us that, and still had to clean out the water and disenfect toys and tub before finishing giving the kids a bath.

Good luck with that!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am impressed. I am a slacker with the girls and their potty training. UGH.

Unknown said...

all I can say is I am glad I don't have children yet...that being said it was wonderful to see yours! They are adorable!