Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One great weekend

So this post is really an update on my list of goals. . .

  • So far I have worked out at Curves 3 times a week and ran three other days each week.
  • I have applied to three school districts and have two screening interviews set up (one in about a 1/2 an hour)
  • I have caught up with my family album as far as my printed pictures allow. That means I have through June done.

This last one is all due to my great weekend spent at a scrapbooking retreat with several ladies from work. I completed 60 pages! That is the most I have ever done at one time. Now, when I host my own retreat at the end of February I won't feel so guilty only getting 2 or so pages done.

As for my other goals, I am sad to say my bible reading has taken a back seat to getting my resume and cover letter up to date. Now that I have accomplished that I will get caught up on the Beth Moore study I am leading at church.

6 comments:

Ang said...

Good for you on your goals. I have been doing pretty good about working out. But as we all know that's a constant struggle for me not just at new years. See you sunday.

Deborah said...

Woo-hoo! Way to go, Alissa. Which Beth Moore study are you doing? If it's the new one on Psalms of Ascent, you'll love it. We are into our third week and it is incredible. I have also enjoyed five or six others. You will be blessed!

Rachel said...

I'm so proud of you for doing well with your goals. Keep up the great work!

I love Beth Moore studies! We are doing the life of Christ right now and I am loving it. We just got done with week 5 and a huge study on Mary and Martha! Whewwww! That was a rough one to swallow. Which one are y'all doing?

Alissa said...

We are doing Believing God. I have really loved it and can't wait to do another. We are considering a Mary/Martha one next. Which one did you do?

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me about the weekend Scrapbooking Retreat?

Thanks - Marian

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me more about your scrapbooking retreat weekend?

Thank you so much!
Marian

dmsouthall@hotmail.com