Thursday, March 27, 2008

nap woes

So Isaac has not been a good napper lately. If you read my blog at all, you will have noticed all the crazy stories devoted to him. He is exhausting, literally. I need time with him asleep not destroying anything. Lately it has been hit and miss. He is only two and a half and really should not be giving up his naps this soon. I just allowed him to get out of bed after listening to him sing to himself for the last 1 and 45 minutes. He was so excited to be set free. To his credit he had been laying/sitting/jumping (some of the time) in his bed the whole time. There were no toys in bed with him, which is often the case, but he was wearing his pj shirt over his clothes (I guess he found it in his bed somewhere). When I asked him why he didn't take a nap he told me, "Dak and Eenstak was in my 'oom" (Jack and the Beanstalk was in his room?) Okay, wierdo. Early bedtime for you tonight.


A wise woman once told me the best advice she had ever gotten as a new mom and I thought I'd share it with you all. She said,"You can give a child food, but can't make them eat it. You can put them on the potty, but can't make them pee or poop in it. And you can put them in their beds, but can't make them fall asleep." It is so true. . .

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is a true statement. You know, maybe he is done with his naps. But I do think that they need about 2 hours of quiet time a day - even if it's just a couple of hours a day. Maybe you can stick in a movie and it will keep him occupied.

I'm afraid those days of no naps are coming for me too.

Anonymous said...

Soooo, I can expect an exciting day tomorrow? Looking forward to it.
Thanks for the b'day card. See you tonight.

Danna Ramsey said...

Yeah, your kid is wierd. :-) My girls are always hearing a "windy wind" at naptime. (Thanks a lot, Dora!)

Miss G said...

Thanks and I don't know how you didn't know I had a blog! :) Kelly