Friday, April 18, 2008

Whole lotta shakin' going on . . .

A post two days in a row from me! Crazy I know, but this news was just too big. This morning (the news says at 4:37) Erin and I were woken up by the whole house shaking. Of course at first we were both confused, but then realized that we were experiencing an earthquake. It was crazy! Our bed felt like one of those old vibrating beds in hotel going nuts! The whole thing lasted about 10 seconds.

Of course growing up in St. Louis we have always heard about the New Madrid fault that we live on and how we were over due for a bid one. Does the 5.2 quake this morning count? Or is this just beginning of more to come?

Just a side note. . . I found it very interesting that my husband even woke up. He is notoriously hard to wake up, but it took no time at all. I guess that shows you how strong we felt the quake!

5 comments:

Connie said...

I didn't feel it at all. But Jeff and the dog did. I did feel the aftershock we just had that was 4.2 I think.

Alissa said...

I was spinning at 10:15, so didn't feel the after shock.

Rachel said...

Wow! That is amazing!! I can't imagine being in something like that.

Ang said...

I wanna know, how you know, what it feels like to be on a vibrating bed? HMMMMM???

Alissa said...

I believe mom and dad let us put a quarter in one on a vacation one time, smarty pants!

I had so much fun this weekend!