Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kid stories -- Part One

After reading so many cute kid stories on some of my favorite blogs, I have been trying to write down some of the cuter things my kids have said or done so I could share it with you. Here are some of Kalista's latest instances. . .

Story One
(A little explantaion first -- Kalista has always been our "deep" thinker coming up with comments pertaining to events that happened day or weeks before. This conversation occured while watching the Cardinal game at Busch Staduim last Saturday)

K -- "Mom, remember that mommy-taking show?" (The 60's show in Branson where I was "taken" up on stage.)

"Well, they only take the really pretty mommies, so I think the next time we go there, you should only look kind of pretty."

A -- "Oh, okay. How do I usually look?"

K -- "Really pretty, so next time just be kind of pretty and they won't take you."

Story Two
Same day after the ballgame we were at Target buying some new organization tools (I am always reorganizing something -- it drives Erin crazy, but he humors me!)

We happened to be in the little kid bedroom aisle looking for one of those fabric covered cubes for Isaac. Kalista had of course found all the Ariel bedroom stuff and was oohing and ahhing. As we were turing to leave the aisle this is what happened. . .

A -- "Okay, we're done with this aisle. Let's move on"
K -- "Yeah, you guys start walking and look that way."

So Erin, Isaac, and I turn the corner to leave the aisle. Erin turned to make sure Kalista was following and saw her running to catch up clutching a set of Ariel sheets. She immediately starts gigging hysterically.

K -- "I got you! I tricked you!"

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute, Cute!!

Melanie said...

I love when they get so excited like that!