Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back to Work

This past week I got a small taste of what the new school year will be like for me. I was up at 7:00 every morning, spent 7 hours in professional development training, back home to spend time with the family, and in bed asleep before Jay finished his monolog. I say a small taste because when school actually starts back on the 11th of Aug, I'll be getting up at 5:30am and I'm guessing I won't even be awake at night to see any part of the 10pm news!

This will be a huge transition for the whole family as my kids are late sleepers too. In fact, this morning I had to get them up at 6:30 (this will be what time we LEAVE during the school year) so we could help a friend move and all Isaac kept saying to me was that he wanted to go back to sleep! It was pitiful! Maybe he'll start napping again though!

This coming week will be the last official one of summer though, since teacher meetings start on the 4th. Of course I have training on Tuesday, a meeting on Wednesday, and I leave for MN on Friday. . . Life is never dull around here. That's for sure!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

We will be praying for a smooth transition.

Ang said...

Good luck girl, that is NOT going to be a fun first week (or so).

Alissa said...

Yeah, did I mention the grand opening is already set for Aug 14th? Nice, huh!

Jeanne Bloomfield said...

Wow! My poor Issac is going to be so sad for a couple of weeks. We need to get together before you get back!!

BR said...

liss,
who is watching your babes while you work?
BR

Alissa said...

The kids will be at a church of christ day care/preschool almost right across the street from Central. My sister used to work there and I still know lots of the teachers.