Friday, September 21, 2007

Dieting, I-Pods, and Reality TV

This will be a misc. post as there is really nothing new going on at the Roades' house.

Dieting, yes I am at it again. I am going through a 6 week diet class at Curves. I have had a lot of success with this in the past. In fact pre-babies I lost 30 lbs in about 5 months. Then I had kids. After finishing nursing Isaac last Aug. it was time to lose all those baby lbs for good. One year later (and after taking the summer off from dieting and gaing almost 10 lbs back) I am really close to my goal. I think I need to lose about 15-20 more lbs. That's not a really specific number because I am more concerned with getting my body fat percentage into a healthy range (25%) Right now it is closer to 30% . Those of you from pre-school that read this blog know this already and are probably sick of hearing me talk about it . Don't worry only 4 1/2 more weeks of class to hear me complain! Hopefully I will be very close to my goal when this diet class is over. This week hasn't been very promising though. . .

Me and my Ipod. Erin got me a Ipod Nano for my birthday. I love it! For those of you that know me, I love music and sing a lot. With two kids though it is hard to get to listen to the music that I want to. There is constant fighting over whose turn it is, and some days it is just easier to let them listen to the Wiggles or Mickey's ClubHouse than argue. Enter my new Ipod. I can now plug in one ear bud, listening to my music and tuning out theirs. Only one ear of course, so if I am needed I can still hear them!

I am so glad that the new season of TV is starting soon. I am a TV junkie. Seems weird, since I am also a very avid reader. While I am not a big reality TV person, Erin and I do really enjoy The Biggest Loser and Survivor. It is so amazing to watch the people on the BG so completely change their lives and get healthy. Survivor is just fun.

I'll try to make my next post more exciting. . .

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Good luck with the dieting! I've got quite a few post-baby pounds to lose, too. It's amazing how hard it is!!

How cool that you worked at the same Doubletree Inn!

Let us know when you make it to Columbia!

Sara said...

I'm also a T.V. junkie and looking forward to the shows starting back this week.

Good luck with Curves! I'll be facing losing my baby weight soon enough. It is tough and I don't look forward to it. Keep it up!