Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Is this the face of a bully?


Yes it is. Poor Isaac has had a rough week.


It all started this past Friday night when we started breathing treatments again. It was bad enough that Erin took him to the Dr. on Saturday. You guessed, it we were back on oral steroids and breathing treatments for the next five days. We were also given a perscription for Singulair, so hopefully these episodes will subside.


So for the better part of 5 days now, Isaac has been hyped up on lots of drugs. Needless to say we all (Erin, myself, and Isaac) are all suffering from lack of sleep. While that is not a good situation the other side-effect of steroids -- agression -- has reared its ugly head at pre-school this week. Isaac hit one of his favorite friends on Monday and then hit 3 more kids today (one of them 3 times) all before 10:30. Ms. Jeanne did a great job of putting him in time-out, but after the third victim mom stepped in and laid down the law. After 2 hard swats on the booty and another 2-minute time out (with him hyperventilating the whole time - he is quite the drama king when he wants to be) I think he got the message and had no more incidents the rest of the day.



It was hard to discipline him while he is sick especially since I know this behavior is not typical for him. Those 2 minutes I sat with him were very hard, but drying his tears, snuggling him afterwards, and having him say "I no hit my friends" told me that all was well and he learned what he was suppose to. . . until the next time! :)




ps Thanks for the great glasses, Aunt Nancy! As you can see, he loves them!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I told you the "Okay, okay!" and "Oh man!" comments were indicators!!! You better put your kid on the fast track to my room!:) Next thing you know he'll be talking about spinning wheels, Bob Barker and jackpots! :) I hope the meds are making him feel better, even though a little crazy. Give him kisses for me and we'll talk to you later.

Henley Family said...

Now we know that is not my Isaac! Glad he is enjoying the glasses. He didn't want to hang and sing with us tonight - I guess a room full of girls was a little intimidating. Get well little man, Aunt Nancy

Stephanie said...

Poor thing. I will praying for him and his mommy!

Connie said...

Love the picture! Too cute!

Deborah said...

Awww. I know how that Albuterol can be. One time, Caleb had to have three treatments in a row (and it still didn't clear his wheezing) in the doctor's office. After that third treatment, I was almost limp because my muscles were so worn out from holding him down. Not only does aggression set in, but super-human strength as well!! I'm glad Isaac's teacher (and you) gave him so much grace in this hard time.

Don't worry, he will come to tolerate the treatments better and better. Those little bodies can only take so much. And these mommies have a hard time watching their babies go through what Pat and I now call "asthma junk."

Hang in there!!!

Rachel said...

Those glasses are so fun! I think we need some!!! I sure hope Isaac is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I would love to put him over my knee, pull down his pants and undies and spank his bum, then lube him good and finger f-ck him