Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Just catching up




It has been a busy time in the Roades house. . .

It all started last Wednesday with our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch with preschool. Both kids had a great time. Kalista loved the straw mazes and Isaac really loved the train ride.

Then that evening Erin's mom flew in for a much anticipated visit. The kids were ecstatic! They love their Gramme because it means games, stories, playtime, and more games! Normal bedtimes were forgotten, good visit time was had by all!

The second reason for Karen's visit was for Grandpa's memorial service at Jefferson Barracks. It was very, very nice. The kids did great even during the rifle salute (Isaac thought about crying, but it was over too quick) and bugle playing (Isaac did ask "where the tumpet go?" really loud once Taps was over and the bugler left.)

On Saturday morning, Karen left and the kids were to my parents' farm for the evening, so Erin and I could attend a dinner for the National Wrestling Hall of Fame. No we are not wrestlers, but Erin's dad, uncle, and several great-uncles were -- big time. In fact the Grubbs family (Erin's grandma's family) is largely responsible for bringing amateur wrestling to the St. Louis area and they were all inducted into the National Hall of Fame on Saturday night. Lots of Erin's relatives that we don't get to see very often were at dinner and it was nice to catch up with them. This is a pic of Erin, his uncle Jay, and one of his dad's old coaches.

That brings me to today where I got to skip school for a 3 hour eye exam. Why 3 hours you may ask? Well, next Friday I am having LASIK surgery on my horribly nearsighted eyes and today was the mapping appointment. I'm nervous, but really excited about life without glasses.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

You'll have to let us know how your LASIK will go. Both of my parents had it done and they said it was nothing. I want to have it done but I can't afford it! Oh, well. It will happen in the future..sometime.

Rachel said...

Glad you had some good visits with family.

I would love to have LASIK one day!!! Lord willing for sure! We will be praying yours goes well.

Ang said...

I am glad I read your blog to know what is going on with you guys. I didn't know half of that stuff. I am guess we will see you all on Sat?

Henley Family said...

I am so glad that things went well for Grandpa's service. How cool about Erin's family and the wrestling - running would have been my guess - watch out Isaac might start taking Kalista down soon. The kids looked adorable tonight. Love ya, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blog. I'm not a very good communicator via email these days because I have to get Braden to sleep in the stroller or get someone to watch him (No internet at home!)But I am checking your blog every once in awhile. Good luck with the LASIK. I've heard it's awesome!

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how the eye surgery goes -- I am anxious to have it done, too!