Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pre Camp

I have returned from my adventures as a pre-camp bible school teacher. Sunday started out really hot, but the weather cooled off considerably for Monday and Tuesday. It was a nice break from my own family, but I also missed them terribly! Some of my favorite things from the three days were. . .

  • Seeing my kids play in the creek on Sunday when they dropped me off. (Kalista fell in and Isaac sat down in the water getting him "grounded" from further play in the creek!)
  • teaching the kids of many of my friends from Neotez days gone by
  • listening to all the funny things the campers would say (One told the nurse he had termites in his pants. Upon inspection his pants did contain a lot of wood chips, and he said "well, it felt like termites!" Cause he would know what that felt like!)
  • watching Jesus work in the hearts of all the young campers.

It is sad that I have to wait a whole year til my next camp week. It always go by so fast. . .

3 comments:

Ang said...

Glad you had fun and it was only hot one day. Our forcast for next week changes daily, so I have no idea what to expect when we are there. I saw Nancy's pics looks like you all had a great time. Love the green shirts!

Rachel said...

Glad you had fun at camp! Thanks for sharing the story about the termites in the pants! That is great!!

Anonymous said...

Alissa! I found your blog through Sandi's. How are you? I'm so glad to get to get to read a little of how you're doing. You have a beautiful family! We are still living in Togo. It's been almost 8 years now. It sounds like you had a fun time at camp! Blessings to you!