Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Really nice surprise

So on Friday, Erin had made plans to go out with his college running buddy, so I was gearing up for a night alone with the kids. I had a quick visit with my chiropractor and when I got home Kalista helped me wake up Isaac from his nap. She then starts telling him how he needed to get up so they could go to Uncle Pat's for the evening to spend the night. WHAT? Little did I know that my sweet husband had not made plans with his friend, but instead had gotten us a sitter for the whole night! So seeing my husband put on a suit and tie, I frantically got ready myself while making sure the kids had everything they needed for an overnight.

It was a really nice night. We went to a nice Italian resaurant I had been wanting to try and even got to eat al fresco (one of my favorite things to do). Then we went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie. Thanks Erin for a great surprise. I love you!

3 comments:

BR said...

Dearest Alissa! I saw that you posted on Sandi's blog and I am so glad that a few clicks later I was looking at YOUR blog! Its good to see you, friend! This was a really sweet post that you wrote about your surprise date night! We were recently in Lebanon, IL with Cliff's family and of course I always think of you when I am in the St. Louis area. It didn't work out for a visit with you on that particular trip but I wonder if you are planning to go to Kelly's wedding?! I do hope that you are and that we can see each other then. I am hoping to attend.
With love always,
your old roomie!

Sandi said...

Love it! Could use a surprise date night, too! (With my own husband, of course) :)

Carissa said...

Could your husband talk to my husband...please!