Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One Busy Day!

So Sunday was the big day. I am sure my blog readers (all five of you) have been waiting on pins and needles to hear about my big 5K race, the annual STL Zoo run, that I mentioned back in January. Well it was this Sunday. And the best I can say is that it is over! Actually it wasn't too bad. My time was (a little less than 15 minutes a mile), but considering I really haven't been training like I wanted to for the past 6-8 weeks or so, I was proud that I at least finished it. Both Erin and my dad also ran (considerably faster than me), plus Angie and her kids were there to cheer us all on.

Ready to race!



Erin came in first with a time somewhere around 22 minutes. Angie (our photographer) couldn't get to the finish line in time!

Dad was next to cross the line.

The Cheering section got a little bore waiting for me to finish, but when I finally reappeared they all cheered and ran with me for the last little bit yelling GO MOM, GO MOM, GO Aunt Lissa! That is until Lexi. . .

. . . bit the big one by running off the sidewalk. At least we know why her parents didn't name her Grace!


Like I said, my finish was not fast, but I did finish!


After the race was finished we all went into the zoo to celebrate Lexi and Andy's birthdays (the Bourland came after the race) that are just a few days a part. Once the festivities were over, we headed home for quick naps because we had big surprise for our kids that night. Tickets for Go Diego Go Live! Wow! What a show! While it wasn't Broadway, it was really great seeing the kids faces as they watched their favorite characters come to life. We went with some friends from church, so that's why where are three little jaguars!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun Sunday! Looks like the kids were having a blast! Looking forward to camp! Nancy

Anonymous said...

Glad the kids had fun at Diegio! Man those were some awesome pictures from the race, whoever took them did a super job!!

Ang

Danna Ramsey said...

Wow! I am so proud of you! I still haven't done my first 5k yet!

Stephanie said...

Way to go! I know doing a 5K isn't easy. I did it a few years ago and I was so sore!