Sunday, August 17, 2008

Birthdays and Bowling

Most of the Roades' birthday week is finished. Here are some of the highlights. . .



On Wednesday Kalista turned 5! What a big girl she is now! It is hard to believe. At least with a birthday after the kindergarden cut-off date, I have another year of her before I send her off to the big, bad world! She had a pretty good day at preschool on Wednesday and got to share a snack or oreos with all her new friends. Opening presents was a blast and she got several great things that she hasn't been able to put down since! We had her favorite pizza for dinner and then got Fritz's ice cream for dessert after church. It was a good day.



Today Isaac turned 3 (although he keeps insisiting he still wants to be 2) It was another good day, this one filled with lots of family and friends. We had a together birthday party at a bowling alley after church. What a BLAST! It was a bit of a zoo with ten 3, 4, and 5 year olds running around, but I think everyone had fun. Isaac is loving his new bat man and pirate toys, so life is good for him!




Now it is time to get ready for the next week. We had the library grand opening on Thursday, so I'll post pictures later this week.

3 comments:

Jeanne Bloomfield said...

HOW OLD THE ROADES KIDS!! Isaac I am so sorry that I am missing your big BIRTHDAY this year, I hope you had fun at the bowling ally. Love the pic of him laying on the lanes (good to see its still my Isaac) I will hopefully get there to see you guys really soon to get the hermit crabs and get my HUGE ISAAC HUG AND KISS (well, not the kiss part cause he aint about that)

Happy Birthday Kalista and Isaac!!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday to the both of them!

Rybak Family said...

Happy Birthday to all 3 of you!!