Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Me and 1st Day of School

My birthday started with Erin kissing me good-bye and whispering "Happy Birthday" as he left for work. I then enjoyed another half hour of sleep before I had to get up for my first day back to work. Then as I'm getting ready, Kalista comes running in with our family's birthday hat and sunglasses and made me put them on. It was a nice surprise that she remembered it was my birthday without being reminded by anyone!
Lovely pic, I know! Kalista took it. Pretty good job for a 4 year old!


After both kids were ready for school we headed outside for some first day pics. They were both really excited. Isaac loves his Diego backpack and has been wearing it around the house for weeks (even though it is as big as he is!) Once at school they both did really well. Isaac only cried for me two times and both times were because he had gotten hurt. The first time he got his fingers shut in a door, the second he fell off the cafeteria table and got a black eye. Nice way to start the year, huh! So much for getting his picture taken on Sunday! After calming him down after the eye incident, he went back to playing and had a great day. Kalista really liked her first day too. Being a "big" kid she eats lunch later, so therefore has her snack in the morning. Boy was she excited! Snack before lunch! That never happens at home! It made her day, and she is ready for more!


Isaac didn't want me taking this picture of his eye, and he was yelling "NOOOOOO!" as I took it. His eye is all puffy and red. I am sure it will turn black in a day or two. He must have hit his cheek also since it is all red and scraped up too. This happened around 11:00 and I took this picture around 7:00 tonight.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor Isaac! I hope his sweet eye heals quickly!

Glad everyone had a more or less good day at school and Happy Birthday Alissa!!

Stephanie said...

I hope you had a great Birthday!

Jeanne Bloomfield said...

Okay so we need some help in the 2 yr old room at bathroom breaks and lunch!! 7 2 yr olds is hard for a first time teacher!! I promise to protect him much better in the days to come and do you think you could bring his helmet, knee and elbo pads for Wednesday??????

Sorry Isaac...... Ms. Jeanne wishes your eye a quick recovery!!!
Love you!

Alissa said...

No worries Ms. Jeanne! I know it is not your fault! Like I said in his birthday post, I am still shocked we haven't had a trip to the ER with him yet! I'll see what I can do about a helmet. . . :) Just wait until outside recess!

Amy said...

Ok, so I am leaving a comment!! You completely jinxed yourself with the whole no ER comment!! I did the same thing at work this morning... told the secretary that my kids were doing fantastic and then proceeded to get my glasses smacked off my face this afternoon!! oh boy do I love my "special" friends!!

Deborah said...

Oh, they look so cute, all ready for preschool. Poor Isaac with his black eye. He's seems like a tough guy, though, so a black eye will only add character!

Anonymous said...

good boy open really wide this will taste sooooooooooooooooo good