Sunday, August 12, 2007

Where to begin. . .

Whew! I knew it would be a crazy two weeks, but did it have to be so HOT for crying out loud! I feel like I have a lot to say, but I can't think of anything because I am suffering from heat exhaustion oweing to the fact we were at the Cardinal's game today in the 100+ degrees! We never made it to our seats (which were in the direct sun), we left after 4 innings (but did see two homeruns by the good guys), and my kids each got a cute Cardinal Build-a-Bear (which was today's promotion and one of the main motivators for attending!) What else can I say? Oh yeah, IT WAS CRAZY HOT! (Even with Isaac constantly spraying me with water from his fan bottle!)


To catch you all up the kids and I have had great end of summer. They got to go to the MO Botanical Gardens, Zoo, spend 4 days at the farm with MawMaw, PawPaw, and Andy, and go school shopping (okay that last one wasn't too much fun for them, but they did get to ride the train at the mall!) I, on the other hand, got to see four of my best friends from college and get caught up on their lives, got to have a great trip to MN which helped me refocus my business and recharge my mommy/wife battery, and then come home to sweet babies that couldn't stop hugging and kissing me. (I swear Isaac called my name every five minutes for the first 6 hours just to make sure I was still there!)


Here are some zoo pics from last week. . .

As you can see Isaac really liked the bubblers at the zoo! I guess his Mickey Hat needed cooling off too! Now to tackle our next big adventure. . . School! Erin's first day with students is tomorrow! He is well prepared and ready to start -- oh yeah, except for the fact that they (meaning the teachers) have no class lists yet since they (meaning the students) don't have their schedules yet! Should make for an interesting first couple of days! The kids and I still have a week until pre-school starts, but we do need to spend a couple of days in my room this week getting ready. I'm sure this week will go by too fast. Oh yeah, did I mention it is REALLY HOT?

No comments: